Sunday 12 June 2011

triumph? which triumph?

the other day i fetched my brother to his friend's place. on the bike. however he wasn't exactly dressed for the occasion. t-shirt, baggy berms with strangling cuffs, and flip flops. yes. flip flops. good thing my father stepped in and commanded shoes unto his feet.

so anyway, he decided to bring some extra stuff on board, like a big sling bag, his lappie, a bottle, and his lunch. all this on top of the backpack i made him carry because i had an upcoming shoot and i couldn't carry it with him on board. well i had fun watching him try to balance everything.

the trip lasted about 20min but there was a slight drizzle. trist wasn't drenched because i let him wear my riding jacket. and the first thing he commented about it was, "it's bloody hot!"

the bike was really rear-heavy once he got on. and him sliding down the seat to claw on the tank every time i accelerated didn't help my fatherhood either. my lower body was jammed between the tank and his bag, which also managed to push my stomach forward, and i was only supporting my upper body with my wrists. good thing it was only 20min then.

but he enjoyed it to the point of asking me for private lessons, at which point i shook my head in my polite way of telling him to go to hell as the sudden vision of him flinging my bike into a tree invaded my head. *shudder*

he asked me why the bike was named after the bra brand and i confidently told him, without any background checks, that the british bike got that name first and the american bra followed.

today i did a quick check and discovered that it was true; Triumph the bike was formed in 1885 and triumph the bra was formed in 1886. bloody hell, that was fucking close. i got one thing wrong though. triumph the bra came from germany, not america.


he was shocked at the price until i pointed out that it was a euro bike and the japanese equivalents were a lot cheaper. then again there's no japanese equivalent. heh.

and damn all you ignorant retards who keep likening my bike to the bra company. you fucking imbeciles.

1 comment:

Astrotoy said...

eh, eat shit, i no imbecile.