Tuesday 1 November 2011

the reason

***

chinky just shared the following excerpt with me. i typed it out because i'm not a tech person and it's too troublesome to fucking jack the phone to the lappie just to extract the picture. and i like the keyboard.

---
Her Diary:

Tonight, I thought my husband was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a nice restaurant for dinner. I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment on it. Conversation wasn't flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. He agreed, but he didn't say much. I asked him what was wrong; He said, 'Nothing.' I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said he wasn't upset, and that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it. On the way home, I told him that I loved him. He smiled slightly, and kept driving. I can't explain his behaviour, I don't know why he didn't say, 'I love you, too.' When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there quietly, and watched TV. He continued to seem distant and absent. Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed. About 15 minutes later, he came to bed. But I still felt that he was distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else. He fell asleep - I cried. I don't know what to do. I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster.


His Diary:

Motorcycle won't start... can't figure out why.
---

LOL!!! so if anyone's wondering why i haven't been updating the blog as religiously as in the past, i'll just blame the male gene; we ain't built to talk, that's the woman's job.

***

as mentioned in the last post i've just gotten a new car. well i got it sometime in the middle of the year and it's not exactly a new car. it's a bmw e34 that's about half the age of the morris and comes complete with its own set of little problems, including electrical ones. oh yes, the dawn of electrics in the automobile.

i chose it because of the low market value and ballistic tuning potential. and it'll still be below the fuzz radar even if i max tune it. and the bonnet opens backwards. ain't it cool?

i'm ironing out the electrical problems one by one now and i've bolted on some new items as well, such as proper chassis bits and new wheels, with some major power items further down the list. as of now the family's branded me as an idiot who buys old cars to fix, not to drive, and that's a good thing because if that's any indication of market perception i'll never run out of undervalued ego busters. why's that? because when i'm done with this mother, it'll stab the eyes out of my mom's audi. the 333bhp 3-litre supercharged v6 audi s4, people, in case you're thinking it's one of the lower spec a4s. and to address any safety concerns this baby's made of real steel, motherfucker.

and unlike the morris it's got safety belts. and a much higher cruising speed, which is.. actually i haven't found out yet because that's one of the electrical problems; the speedometer doesn't work.

***

in other news, my neighbour just told me recently that he loves my collection of cars, first the morris and now this old school bmw. the only reason i can see him praising them is because both the merc and the audi suffer overrepresentation on this street alone, not to mention the whole new-thing-let's-join-the-queue economy, which does nothing for their perceived values.

perceived value. that's the only reason i got the bmw at a fraction of the audi's price. and it's going to destroy it. so thanks, you blind retards.

really, are you people really that mindless, to only see things the way you're told to see them? to be unable to form conclusions and make decisions? good god, i'm in zombieland.

No comments: